Compare Travel Credit Cards
|Product Name||Representative APR (variable)||Balance Transfers Intro||
- 3% Cashback on Petrol, National Rail & TfL, 2% back on department stores and 1% back on supermarket spend
- First year's £24 Annual Fee refunded if you hold, or open, a Santander 123 current account.
- 0% on purchases & balance transfers (0% transfer fee) for 23 Months
- 16.5% APR representative (variable)
- Based on 12.7% p.a. (variable) on credit card purchases
- £24 annual fee applies
- 0% on balance transfers for 23 month
- Thereafter the standard annual rate for balance transfers will be 22.8% (variable)
- 0% on purchases for 23 months
- Thereafter the standard annual rate for purchases will be 12.7% (variable)
- Earn 1% on supermarket spend, 2% on department stores and 3% on fuel
Earn 1% cashback on supermarket spend, 2% cashback on department stores and 3% cashback on fuel with the Santander 123 Credit Card
Representative Example: 12.7% p.a. (variable) on card purchases. This is equivalent to 16.5% APR representative (variable) based on a credit limit of £1200 and a £24 annual fee
Saga Product Discounts
- 0% foreign currency fees for transactions worldwide
- Manage your account online 24/7
- You must be over 50 years old to hold a Saga Credit Card
- 11.9% APR representative (variable)
- Based on 11.3% p.a. (variable) on credit card purchases
- No annual fees
- 0% on balance transfers for 9 months (3% fee)
- Thereafter the standard annual rate for balance transfers will be 11.9% (variable)
- 0% on purchases for 9 months
- Thereafter the standard annual rate for purchases will be 11.9% (variable).
Enjoy great Discounts on Saga and other products such as Hotels and Theatres
Representative Example: 11.9% APR representative (variable). Based on a credit limit of £1,200 and a purchase rate of 11.3% p.a. (variable)
Nationwide with Purchases
- Earn commission-free purchases abroad
- Simply Rewards - Pick from a great range of offers on big brands
- Fraud guarantee - 24/7 account monitoring with protective technologies
- 17.9% APR representative (variable)
- Based on 17.9% p.a. (variable) on credit card purchases
- No annual fees
- There is no introductory offer on balance transfers with this product
- 0% on purchases for 15 months
- Thereafter the standard annual rate for purchases will be 17.9% (variable)
Earn commision -free purchases abroad with Nationwide with Purchases Credit Card
Representative Example: 17.9% APR representative (variable). Based on a credit limit of £1,200 and a purchase rate of 17.9% p.a. (variable).
Amex Starwood Preferred Guest
- Receive a free weekend nignt when you spend £25,000
- Earn 1 Starpoint everywhere you spend
- Excellent credit rating required
- 36.2% APR representative (variable)
- Based on 19.9% p.a. (variable) on credit card purchases
- £75 annual fees
Earn 1 Starpoint for virtually every full & pound;1 spent on your Card
Representative Example: 36.2% APR variable. Based on £75 annual fee, assumed borrowing of £1200, rate of interest (variable) annual 19.9% p.a.(variable)
Free Credit Report Access
- Free Aqua Credit Checker
- Build your credit - Repay on time & your rate could reduce (subject to status)
- Aqua accept applications from people who have had CCJs or are on a low income
- Aqua has said YES to over 750,000 customers in the UK
- 34.9% APR representative (variable)
- Based on 34.92% p.a. (variable) on credit card purchases
- No annual fees
Representative Example: 34.9% APR representative (variable). Based on a credit limit of £1,200 and a purchase rate of 34.92% p.a. (variable)
Amex British Airways
- Spend £500 in the first 3 months and receive 3,000 Avios points
- Excellent credit & household income £20,000 required
- Earn 1 Avios for virtually every £1 you spend
- 15.90% APR representative (variable)
- Based on 15.90% p.a. (variable) on credit card purchases
- No annual fees
- There is no balance transfer introductory offer with this product
- There is no purchase introductory offer with this product
Spend £500 in the first 3 months and receive a bonus 3,000 Avios. Collect 1 Avios for virtually every £1 spent with the Amex British Airways Credit Card
Representative Example: 15.9% APR representative (variable). Based on a credit limit of £1,200 and a purchase rate of 15.9% p.a. (variable)
uk.creditcards.com offer credit card comparison tables which are free to the user, but we do receive commissions from the issuers we refer users to. This table shows credit cards featuring benefits to people travelling abroad. Other tables (found via the left hand navigation) feature products with other features and benefits. Please note - table position does not imply suitability, strength or superiority.
* While reasonable efforts are made to keep information updated, credit card terms cannot be guaranteed for accuracy. Please ensure that you fully read the terms & conditions of any product or policy before you decide to proceed and are fully aware of the total costs and the benefits and any exclusions or limitations applicable to the product or plan.
* Please note that the ‘More info’ or ‘Apply here’ product links will take you directly to the Issuer or Insurer's site and we cannot be held responsible for the information which they provide within their own sites.
What Are Travel Credit Cards?
Travel credit cards come in many different formats, and so researching them thoroughly before applying is essential. Some travel credit cards are air mile credit cards, which offer customers the ability to earn reward points (air miles) when they shop using their credit card. These points can then be exchanged for travel related rewards like flights and hotels (the exact details of what your travel credit card points can be exchanged for will vary by product and issuer). Some UK credit card issuers offer travel related benefits on standard credit card products, like "no handling fees" on foreign transactions, and the treatment of foreign exchange cash bought on a credit card as a purchase (avoiding the prohibitive interest rates typically charged on cash withdrawals).
A fairly new type of travel credit card is the travel prepaid credit card. These products are growing in popularity as foreign exchange companies and travel agents offer them to consumers wanting foreign currency for their trip abroad. They operate in much the same way as debit cards, in that you can only spend what you have preloaded onto them, and many people prefer them to travellers’ cheques (which can be lost and still cashed) or taking their own bank card abroad, where the level of risk of exposure to their wider personal finance arrangements is uncomfortable.
Getting the Right Travel Credit Card
Understanding what credit cards are available when travelling, or looking for travel related rewards, is the first step to getting the right travel credit card for you. Next you need to assess what specifically you want the credit card for. Do you spend on a credit card regularly enough to accrue a good level of reward points? Do you travel often enough to justify getting a credit card purely on the basis of the benefits you receive whilst abroad (perhaps forfeiting other potential great perks like 0% balance transfers or 0% interest on new purchases)? Obviously if it's travel prepaid credit cards you are looking for, it makes perfect sense to shop around, rather than relying on the products offered by travel agents, airlines or foreign exchange companies, who tend to be dealing with an almost captive market, and therefore have no real incentive to ensure their products are market leading. Once you know what you're looking for, you should compare products. A great way to compare credit card products is by using credit card comparison tables (sometimes called credit card best buy tables) like the ones above, which rank products based on key attributes.
Search through all
Compare offers side by side to determine which card is best for you.
Apply for a credit card with a secure online application.